According to the Uber statistics for the year 2016, the cases of DUI have significantly dropped in the cities where its services are running. The comparative analysis in the USA from 2013 to 2016 has shown considerable results. The number of arrests has reportedly gone down by 30%- 40% on an average all over the nation. The incidents of drunken driving deaths have also reportedly decreased among the different age groups.
Uber Statistics on Drunken Driving Deaths
The Uber statistics have been considered for people in the age group between 16 and 75+. The statistical data has been split with an average difference of 4 to 10 years. The number of reported deaths seems to be highest among the age group between 21 and 24, followed by 25-34 and 35-44. The average death rate decreases with increase in age. The average decrease in the alcohol related driving deaths has reportedly gone down by more than 7% in 2016 compared to the data in 2014.
Several probable reasons have been attributed to this decrease due to Uber presence in the American cities.
- The system implements a foolproof method by which all the possibilities of drunken people driving the car are reduced.
- The system implements automatic ignition locking mechanism in its cars when the driver is drunk. The reliability of the technology has reportedly dissuaded people from driving after drinking.
- Uber implements the system of awareness training among the drivers about the dangerous consequences of drunken driving. This effort has been in effect since long. But it is claimed that the methods used by the new system are more practical in nature.
Role of DUI Attorneys Houston TX
DUI Attorneys Houston TX system has been playing a critical role in educating the people about the drinking and driving consequences.
- The effort is not only towards creating the awareness, but also for creating a genuine willingness among the people to avoid drunken driving. This is said to be entirely new approach as it has worked practically.
- The attorneys make every effort to reduce the punishments and penalties imposed on first time offenders. Their aim is to avoid driving license suspension and cancellation.
Drinking and Driving Consequences
The intensity of drinking and driving consequences may vary from getting a suspended license to tragic death on the road. The drivers need to have a conscious awareness about their responsibility for avoiding driving when drunk. If that is not possible, the best way is to stay sober while driving.
- The psychological urge to get drunk could be reduced considerably by eating calorie rich food rather than hitting the bottle. By keeping the stomach full with food, the craving for drink can be reduced.
- Avoiding excess of physical stress, emotional disturbance and loneliness also one could put off the craving for drink before driving.
- These simple methods could work if the person is genuinely willing to avoid drunken driving and its consequences, which affect not only the present life, but also the future.